Employee Checkin is used to keep a log of all the check-ins and check-outs of an employee in the organization. Most organizations use this for attendance, shift management, and working hours calculations.
To create an Employee Checkin, you need to first create:
If you want shifts to be determined in employee checkins and want to process auto-attendance, then you need to create the following documents too:
- Shift Type
- Shift Assignment or set a default shift in Employee master.
2. How to create an Employee Checkin
2.1 Creating logs manually
To create a new Employee Checkin go to:
Human Resources > Attendance > Employee Checkin
- Click on New.
- Select the Employee.
- Set the date and time for the log.
- Set Log Type as IN/OUT.
- If you have set up shifts and shift assignments, the Employee Checkin will set the appropriate shift in which the timestamp falls after saving.
- You can enable Skip Auto Attendance to skip that record while marking attendance.
- You can also capture the location from where the employee has checked in or the Biometric Device ID.
If auto attendance is enabled, the attendance record marked for a set of check-ins will be linked to the document later.
2.2 Integrating ERPNext with Biometric devices
If you are using a Biometric Device to log employee check-ins and check-outs you can use it to create records in ERPNext. You can read more about this here.